Advice on support at University

University / Higher Education (DSA)

University / Higher Education support is usually funded by Student Finance England / Student Finance NI in the form of the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA).

It is best applied for immediately when you have been accepted on your course.

Use the GOV website to find a Needs Assessment Centre so you can make an appointment AND we would recommend you contact the Disability Team in your chosen University as soon as possible to avoid any unnecessary delays in funding.

For more information from Student Finance in BSL watch and

Click here to see more Student Finance / DSA information on the Gov website.

Click here to find. out important information for all DSA funded students and funded Non Medical Help guide

We are a Registered Non Medical Helper (NMH) Provider (Association of NMH providers) under the Department of Education University and Higher Education Framework. This Framework ensures a high quality of service for  deaf students. It is called the DSA QAF.

As a provider, we supply BSL Interpreters / Trainee BSL Interpreters / highly experienced and qualified Educational CSW’s, Specialist Notetakers for the Deaf to support you in your lectures and seminars at University or HE. We can also supply other service, contact us.

To see our current DSA-QAG NMH support rates table, please click here or visit :

If you have any questions on support at University and financing your support please do get in touch! Contact Us